Thursday, July 7, 2016

Becky made a rhubarb pie last night.  My mom used to make one every now and then.  I hadn't tasted rhubarb pie in fifty or sixty years.  Yummmm....  I am not a sweet-eating kind of person--except for pie and French pastry.  Candy, chocolate, store bought cookies, cake--I can take or leave.  Mostly leave.  Homemade cookies are an occasional exception.

The reason that losing my passport was such a big deal is because my friend Carolyn and I are going back to Paris.  And my plan is to eat every pastry I can get my hands on.  I am also taking flat tupperware containers instead of a bunch of extra clothes, (I don't want the pastries to get smashed), so that I can bring them back and freeze them when I get home.   The French do know how to cook.  They use butter, butter, butter.  And real cream.

Food.  Eating.  It is such a great pleasure.  We have God to thank for all the different kinds.  And in America we are blessed with great grocery stores that keep whatever we want in whatever season we want it in.  God Bless America.  I fried three pounds of okra to take to dinner with Becky and Craig last night.  Okra is God's greatest gift of food ever.  And Southern fried is the best.

 God said, “See, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food."  Genesis 1:29

 "And to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so."  Genesis 1:30

"Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you; and just as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything." Genesis 9:3  It wasn't God's intention to have us eat meat.  This verse comes nine chapters after God put Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden.  After they had sinned.













No comments:

Post a Comment