Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Somewhere between packing my belongings in Pryor, and opening the last box here, I lost my passport.  I have gone through everything in this house two or three times: every drawer, every closet, every nook and cranny,  No passport.  I remember having it in my hand in Pryor.  But after that, nothing.  I finally decided that I must have put it in the trash accidentally.

Becky went through all the places that I thought I might have put it.  She even pulled the drawers out of every chest with the possibility it had been caught behind one of the drawers.  It hadn't.

So Lisa came from Tulsa last Friday with the one purpose of going through everything again.  Which she did.  And just when she was ready to concede defeat, she found it.  In a file that I had made of papers I filed when I was closing Ken's estate.  Insurance forms, death certificates, etc.  Why I put it there, I will never know.  I was probably distracted by the enormous bulk of paperwork that I had to deal with those last few months.  I don't know.  I just know I am greatly relieved that it is found.

Monday I lost my glasses.  This "losing things" is getting old.  I have worn glasses since I was very young and have never lost them.  I am still looking for them.  I may have to call Lisa and beg her to come back.

When you are up in years, people think you are losing your faculties.  I'm not.  But I am losing some of my balance.  I get distracted while I'm trying to get in or get out of a car.  The thing I have noticed is that the things I used to think about when moving from house to car, or car to house, are not what I am thinking about now.  I don't want to fall.  Or drop and break something--so my concentration is on those problems--not that I have left my jacket in the car seat.  Or laid my glasses down--who knows where.  Aging is frustrating.  But I really can't complain.  I am in good shape for the shape I'm in.

I'd rather lose something because I'm distracted than break a bone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment