Friday, July 29, 2016

I don't take "In your face" opinions very well.  I think we should all live in peace with each other.  I am tired.  I don't want to argue.  I just want people to be civil to each other and quit yelling at each other about their positions on issues.  Surely we can find peaceful solutions to living together.
All of the killing that has come before, and after the latest protests--has put me over the top.  Couple that with all the rancor in this Presidential campaign and I have a headache.  There has to be a better way to state your point, when you disagree with someone, than shooting them.  Martin Luther King was a good example.  He changed our world through peaceful protest against injustice.  He will be forever remembered as a great man who changed the course of history.  (I lived through that.  But many black people didn't.  Sometimes you have to be willing to die for what you believe. ) I just happened to be driving through Montgomery, Alabama during the marches.

Calling people names is forbidden in my world.  I don't want to hear it.  I don't care how much you dislike them.  That should have been learned by the time you went to grade school.

Personally, I am going to love you no matter what you do, what color you are--are aren't, how you identify yourself, who you vote for, or what church you go to.  I don't have to agree with you to love you.  I have a zero desire to be in charge of anyone else's life.   I do have a desire to introduce you to the Bible and its message with stories from my life.  Some are funny.  Laughter goes a long way.

Use understanding.  Kindness.  Generosity.  Having a "position" doesn't give you the right to yell at others, block roads, stop traffic, kill the police, the LGBT community, or each other.  That only causes animosity and division.  If you want me to listen, try something else.  But back it up with facts, not propaganda.   Like I said, I'm tired of all this rancor.  Please, do your part to stop it.


No comments:

Post a Comment