Friday, April 17, 2020

Fridays aren't as much fun this spring.  Ann and I always went to breakfast on Friday, ate pecan waffles and then went to garage sales.  We neither one need anything, and seldom bought anything.  But it was a lot of fun.

She is a musician "extraordinair."  Sings in the Oklahoma Baptist Women's Choir, majored in music in college, played the piano all her life, can pick up any piece of sheet music and play it, and now is sharing all of that by teaching private lessons to piano hopefuls.  I miss Friday-Fun mornings with Ann.  

She showed up at seven this morning with bags of groceries she got for me today at the "Early Seniors Hour." Six AM is the time that Walmart has set aside for senior citizens.  Everything is still in bags waiting to detoxify on my front porch.  24 hours for paper and Sanitizer for everything else.  Everyone calls to ask if I need anything. It is such a help. Nobody wants me to leave my house.  They buy what they can get, and anything else they think I might want.  

Pat sent me a picture of turtles she found yesterday.  She was setting posts for a fence at her farm and when she picked up one of the 4x4's and  twelve baby turtles were crawling up from a hole in the ground where the mama had laid her eggs.  That's a once in a life time experience!  They were really cute.

When I spoke to Pat this morning and she said she has baby bluebirds that have hatched in her bird house.  The only problem she is having is with coyotes killing her chickens--that's why she's building a big hen-fence around the hen house.

Coyotes, chickens, turtles and blue birds are not quarantined.  God's world is still in business.  The sun comes up, the rain blows through.  I think it's people that cause most of the problems down here. 

1 comment: