Friday, September 11, 2020

It turned out much better than I hoped.  I was relaxed, the crowd was very, very attentive.  (What more could you hope for) And I was satisfied with the job I did.  Satisfying me--with myself--is not an easy thing to do.

I received a standing ovation.  Best ever result.

It's always easy to talk about Ken, and all the things he did in the Marine Corps.  But they wanted a speech on what it was like to send him to war.  It was a program on Viet Nam.  

And I was able to read a few comments from the book I've written.  There was a lot of interest in when it will be out.  Projected for the Saturday after Thanksgiving in Oklahoma.  Amazon later.  (The Letter)

But for me...it's over.  I am so thankful it is over.  If the event planner had called 15 minutes before the event and said: "Our speaker can't make it.  He, she, has the flu--can you fill in...then I wouldn't have had a problem.

I can do last minute.

It was having three months before it--looming down on me.  Out there on the horizon--waiting.  That meant it had to be perfect because I had plenty of time to prepare?

Oh well.  It's done.  I can get back to writing this book I'm writing about my brother...leisurely.  No pressure.

I feel like I'm starting the first day of the rest of my life.  Calendars empty.




No comments:

Post a Comment