Thursday, September 24, 2020

 "This is the day the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it."

Sometimes, that's not an easy thing to do.  Bad things happen.  We are sad.  A friend has something going on that is difficult.  One of your children is mad at you.  Someone has a disease that is stage four and hope is vanishing.

I think the best thing to do is hum.  I like "Holy, holy, holy."  God is still on His throne in charge of the world.

I've started repeating The Lord's Prayer.  It's like I rediscovered it.  I just think on each topic.  

"Father.  Heaven.  Hallowed Name.  Kingdom Coming.  God's will.  (Being done.)  Food, bread.  (I love bread.)  Forgiveness.  Power.  Glory. 

Repeating it takes me a lot longer than it used to.  When I get to the word Hallowed, I think: Majestic, awesome, uplifted, holy, breathtaking, supreme, and on and on.

Concentrating on His character helps me change mine.  

If someone disses you, let it go.  They are just having a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment