Thursday, September 3, 2020

My friend Carolyn--who lives back in my hometown of Pryor--was a year behind me in school.  We talk on the phone every day and have absolutely nothing to say and spend thirty or so minutes saying it.

She told me that this:  "Anymore, I can't do what I wanna' do--and I don't want to do what I can do."  That pretty much sums up my day.  Except for one thing.  There isn't much I want to do anymore except read--and write.

And neither one of those activities require that I get out of my chair.

Which means I have to force myself to exercise.  Which is one of those things I don't want to do.

Luckily, I'm not one of those people who gain weight.  I've always been able to eat like a horse and stay thin.  More than that, I eat all day, six or seven small meals.  I'm either thinking about food, or eating it.  I'm always hungry.

I watched a show on NOVA yesterday called "The Truth About Fat."  It was interesting.  All about different kinds of metabolism.  And genetics that effect weight gain.  Sometimes, it's not your fault.  Everyone who is over weight needs to get their body profile done to find out how they burn calories.

People who know me have always wondered how I eat so much and don't gain weight.  The show on NOVA explained a lot.  We have what is called a "set-point" that our particular body gravitates to--when we try to lose weight.  If we go below that point, our body thinks it is starving.  The show was enlightening.

My body thinks it is starving all the time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment