Friday, November 27, 2020

I'm still wading through the book, "Consecutive Gospels."  It is really above my pay grade as a reader.  I haven't given up yet.  The author actually agrees with what I believe about the first Gospel occurrence that takes place, John 1:1.  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."  You can't get any earlier than that.  John goes on to say that everything was created by Him.

The interesting thing about these verses is that he is referring to Jesus as the "Word."  And says that the Word is God. The only other passage I can find that outright calls Jesus "God," is when Thomas falls to his knees as he sees the resurrected Lord and says, "My Lord, and my God." 

Of course, God clothed himself in flesh and became a man.  Jesus was God Himself...it is alluded to again and again in scripture...but nice to see it so clearly spelled out for us. 

John, the apostle--then jumps right into the story he wants to tell.  He skips the birth, linage, and childhood of Jesus, and goes straight to the story of John the Baptist.  But in the Consecutive Gospel, that wouldn't be the next thing.  Next would be the angel speaking to Mary.  I want a book with four columns side by side with the events as they actually occurred.  Many of those columns would be blank as the story unfolds in sequence because the four writers didn't write about the same things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment