Monday, November 2, 2020

My poor neighbors still have no power.  He is very ill and wants to go home, and of course he can't.  She is trying to care for him--in my strange house--she's doing her best.  I feel so sorry for them.  At least she is able to run back and forth to their house for the things they need.

They got word today that their power won't be back on before Friday.  I've never seen a power outage in Oklahoma like this.  One small circle around Edmond is devastated.  Trees are still in the roads.  Limbs are lying everywhere. 

I had a young man come by my house and tell me he was going to clean up my yard this week.  One of my Sunday School members sent him.  He is a photographer for Channel nine--a Christian--and is trying to help people in his spare time.  I am thrilled to death to have someone.

You can't hardly get help.  Every able-bodied worker in town is loaded with work.  You can hear the chain saws.  The young man said, "No," he wouldn't let me pay him.  I told him, "I'm paying you.  If you don't want the money, give it to a charity of your choice."  He grinned at me.

I can sometimes be set in my ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment