Thursday, January 14, 2021

There are a lot of people in my family.  That's what happens when you are the matriarch.  Your four children marry four people.  They have ten children who marry ten people, and then your grandchildren have multiple children.

That doesn't even count my brother and sister and their children and grandchildren.  Which adds up to forty-two.  I gave up on birthdays, getting everyone together, and remembering anything about anyone that I am supposed to remember.

And I still have many cousins that I keep up with, and their children.  It is mind boggling.  

All of these people make up my life.  And then there are friends--many are closer than some of the family members.

It's all called "Community."  And when a pandemic hits, your community is broken.  You don't see them.  You lose track of what they are doing and what is happening in their lives.  You care, but don't know what about...

And then, if you are like me and don't go anywhere  but the church, grocery store, gas station and medical appointments...it gets lonesome.

And all of your opinions of yourself...that you are self-sufficient, independent, and can take care of yourself......that goes out the window.  God created us to be with others.  And Him.   

No comments:

Post a Comment