Tuesday, February 9, 2021

I watched my first Super-bowl.  I was never an athlete.   In the 9th grade, I played (if you can call it that) basketball because my mom was a great basketball player and told me I had to do some sport for exercise--which I don't like to do even now.   My coach put me in as a guard only when he wanted a forward "taken out".  I wasn't very good at that either.  He didn't care if I fouled out because I wasn't a real player anyway.

I married a super athlete.  All state.  Two sons--All state.  One daughter, all American.  Only Pat and me are normal nerds who read.

But my friend Carolyn who lives in Pryor called and told me I had to turn it on and watch it with her...from afar...she didn't want to watch it by herself. It's called "watching on the phone." I had seen some football  as I walked through a room where the boys were watching...so I kinda know the game.  I had to go to a zillion when Jon was playing.  (Scott was baseball--football only for kickoffs and field goals--but still I went)  

I enjoyed watching Brady.  Calm, precise, thoughtful--he put a team together pulling players from retirement (?) and rookies.  It was interesting.  I'll watch it again next year just to watch someone who knows what they are doing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment