Thursday, August 5, 2021

My posting has been erratic.  Sorry.  I’m erratic myself lately.  I’m blaming it on the olympics.  I’ve been mesmerized by gymnastics, volleyball and and swimming and have sometimes lost track of time.

We started Ecclesiastes last week and I reviewed the third chapter--which is one of the most familiar passages in the Bible.  It’s all about “times.”

To name a few:  A time to be born, a time to die.  A time to plant, and a time to reap. A time to weep and a time to laugh.  A time to love, a time to hate.  A time to be silent, a time to speak.  A time for war, and a time of peace.

I couldn’t help but wonder when we will have a time of peace.  In my lifetime from ‘38 to 2021, there has seldom been a time when there was peace.  Germany invaded Poland around the time I was born and then Korea broke out.  Followed by Mideast war after war.  

I’ve been reading two books: “Churchill,” then “Truman” by the Pulitzer Prize writer David McCullough about WW2 and Korea.  It has been very interesting.  Even though I lived through their lifetimes, there was so much I didn’t know.  Leaders of a country make so many decisions in each day that we never hear about.  There is a “Time to Lead...”  Sometimes it is thrust on you.


No comments:

Post a Comment