Tuesday, August 10, 2021

This morning I had a fruitful conversation with my publisher.  She has had the manuscript of my second book on her computer for months.  Last weekend, she printed it and is reading it.  

She said, “You are a great story teller.”  Yea!!!  She likes it.  If the first book, “The Letter” comes out on Nov. 2, I can start nagging her about this one she is reading.

And then we start editing...editing...editing.  I really like her, but she has long periods in which she shuts down.  She said that she appreciated that I light a fire under her.  I will try to do a better job of doing that, now that I understand her personality better.

But you learn more about people when you get to really know them.  And different things are our touch-points.  We all respond to different kinds of things that happen to us.

Some of my friends need gifts.  Some need compliments.  Some need my time.  Some need assurance.  Some need encouragement.

I just need someone to occasionally listen.  Squig does a good job of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment