Monday, November 28, 2022

I am going through papers that have been sitting on that high chair I gave to my sister Lisa for over a year!!  I found this quote from someone--I don’t know who:

“One of the hardest things you will ever have to do, my dear, is grieve the loss of a person who is still alive.” I was reminded of that quote when my friend Jeanette told me of her nephew who was in a rollover and lived hopelessly  unconscious for days after the accident.

My cousin Ann and I did that for our mothers who were sisters.  They both had Alzheimers.  It is such a long, sad, descent into nowhere.  You can’t reach them and they can’t reach you.

My plan for the rest of the day is to gain weight.  I’ve been eating everything that isn’t nailed down, but can’t seem to put the pounds back on.  I’ve even started drinking milk--which I don’t like.  Whole-fat milk.  I’m up one from last week.  Maybe it is working.  Everyone else I know is trying to lose weight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment