Thursday, November 3, 2022

I went to vote today, and they had something I had never seen before...maybe I just missed it.  I parked in a handicap place, and a poll worker came to my car and asked if I wanted to vote from my car.  The area where I was parked was reserved for in-car voting.  I can’t tell you how much better it was than last time when I had to park, walk a zillion miles, and stand in line for an hour.  I can’t do that anymore.

The person who was in charge of that area took the ballot to the attendant and ran it through the machine.  Squig went with me, but they didn’t let him vote.  He was disappointed.  He was going to stamp the dog and vote Squigitarian.

All the arguing about how we vote is distracting.  Last year I voted by mail, but forgot to register to do that this year.  I will register to do that before I forget it.  There are thousands upon thousands of people who don’t vote because they can’t get to the place to do it, thousands who can’t walk to the booth, and thousands more who can’t stand in line.  That is a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment