Tuesday, December 13, 2022

This morning when I sat down to read the paper, I noticed that the room was gloomy.  I hadn’t opened the blinds or gone out the back door in five days...because I didn’t have a dog to let out.  I might as well not have a back yard!!

So I opened the blinds and let the sunshine in.  I will go outside in the back yard come spring...I’m going to be a dope and try to plant okra again.  It will give me a reason to enjoy the back yard.  I worked really hard planting shrubs, astilbe, iris, asparagus, silver mound and purple clover...so I will try to keep it going another year!  

The weather has been so odd this year that I am surprised that any of it lived.  I had Ron cut the barberry back to the ground, it was 9 feet high and had taken over the flower bed.  It has already started to sprout again.  Life continues...I am better today, just still so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment