Monday, January 16, 2023

    I had visitors Saturday.  Kim and Larry Larmon stayed for a couple of hours and we had the best conversations.  It was better than medicine.   
    I have mentioned Kim...she was new to our class one Sunday when someone mentioned that I was headed overseas again.  I said, "I'll take any of you that want to go with  me....just give me  your credit card.
    When class was over, Kim handed me her credit card and said, "I want to go."  It was the beginning of many trips for her and later she and my daughter would go to Europe to "scope" a place out for the rest of our group to go.
    One of those trips, we had taken a car to a place in the south of France to a field where pickup trucks parked and sold stuff off the back of their trucks.  It was pouring rain, and Kim was the only one who would get out of the car, get wet, and go rummage with me.  I found a hand carved walnut (gorgeous) towel rack.  When I moved into this house, there wasn't a place to hang it.  So I set it aside for Kim.  She was excited.  It is a memory that the two of us have.  The others in the car missed out on the fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment