Saturday, January 7, 2023

There are words in my Bible that I put a circle around as I read.  One is the word “If.”  Another is the word “Ask.”  And “Woe.” 

 I’ve told you that I color.  Coloring is so satisfying!  When I open my Bible, “The kingdom of God,” jumps off the page in yellow.  The word “Faith” in purple, and the word “Spirit” in blue.  Everything I have memorized is green.

All of that helps me remember things.  And I never take notes.  If you do, you lose them, or put them away and never look at them again.  I selectively write in the margins of the Bible.  One or two words are enough to jar your memory.  Like the word “daily” in Luke.  “Take up your cross daily...and follow me.” The other writers don’t include that word.  But Luke was a doctor and got the prescription exactly right.  You have to do that every day.  Daily.  Words matter.  I like them.  And each writer of each book in the Bible uses different stress words.

No comments:

Post a Comment