Friday, April 6, 2018

I'm not a whiner, or a complainer.  So I apologize for yesterday's blog.  I just lost my cool for a minute.  My reaction to something going wrong with me is defiance.

I made a huge mistake planting things before April 15.  I knew better.  But the weather was warm.  Balmy and wonderful--and I forgot that I live in Oklahoma.  One week after I planted stuff, it was 31 degrees.  And it is supposed to be 29 tonight.  I've got my buckets out to cover the tomatoes up, but I doubt anything will make it.  This is why the average cost of my tomatoes is $60 apiece.  I keep buying new plants and starting over.  I just don't seem to learn.

One of my Coral Bell azaleas made it.  Out of four.  They tell me that you can't kill Coral Bells in Oklahoma.  I probably hold some kind of record for azalea murder.  I'll buy more of them.  Like I said.  Defiance.

I made a mistake in Teacher's meeting last week.  I asked the question:  "When, exactly, do we get our glorified bodies?"  My stars, you would have thought I had predicted the day of the "Second Coming."  I poured gasoline on the fire when I followed that question with another one:  "Did all those people who were resurrected after Jesus was, and walked around Jerusalem greeting  their neighbors, did they have glorified bodies."

I should have stopped.  But I just had to ask, "What does a glorified body look like anyway?"

I don't think some of the teachers know just how to take me.  Nobody else asks questions.  But I figured that a room full of adult Bible teachers could maybe answer some of my questions.  Paul said he was sick of giving milk to people when they should be ready for meat.   I was just exploring meaty questions I didn't know the answer to.  I didn't get any answers.

There were pre-millenniumists, and post-millenniumists in the room.  I told them that a pastor I once had  was a pan-millenniumist.  He felt that every thing was going to pan out just fine.  I don't think they thought that I was funny??  Actually it's a great group of people.  Everyone is there by choice.  So the discussions are interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment