Wednesday, July 18, 2018

I now own two houses.  One more than I want.  But my grandchildren won't close on this one until August 20.  In the meantime, in the hottest month of the year, I will be paying for two air conditioning bills, water, gas, garbage, insurance, etc.  For 13 more days in July, and 20 in August.

On the other hand, it gives me time to get everything done that I want to do at the other house.  Starting tomorrow.

Becky Bacon is doing great, praise God.  I hope the fourth surgery is a charm.  She is staying until Saturday--and another week if I can talk her into it. We are going back to her doctor tomorrow, then on to the tile store to order the bathroom tile.  Tony is supposed to start tearing everything out on the 23, next Monday.  Ripping wallpaper down, etc., painting--after he textures the walls that were wall papered.

I just want it all to be over yesterday.  I am almost completely packed except for the kitchen--and I've packed everything in the kitchen not necessary to survival.  I am finished with all the bedrooms.  Books, pictures, doo-dads.  They are stripped.  Except for furniture.  I see light at the end of the tunnel.  This is a lot, lot, harder than it was three years ago.  But back then, I had Craig taking care of all the contracting here on this house.  Now I am having to do both--pack, move and contract.

I couldn't do it if I didn't have the full assurance that I've done what God would have me do.  If I can just control spending, I should break even.  Minus a third car garage and a third bathroom.  But I get a family room out of the deal--which I didn't have here.  It is a break even deal for me.

One thing I couldn't resist doing was to go to the nursery and buy shrubs.  They were on sale.  I will get started on planting things before I do anything else.  The yard is bare.  A clean slate for me.

Of all the tomatoes I planted, I think I like the Cherokee Purple the best.  I don't like the pear shaped yellow salad tomatoes.  They have no taste.  Mushy.  I planted 8 different kinds, so I am learning something.  One thing I learned for sure while living here.  I do not ever want a Koi pond again.


No comments:

Post a Comment