Friday, September 14, 2018

Austyn is sitting up eating pizza.  All smiles.  Miraculous.

Jeanette came over this afternoon and helped me hang a wall shelf.  Now that it is up I can get nine or ten doo-dads off the dining room table and load the shelf up.  I'm moving in the right direction.  I tell my friends that if they come see me, I'm going to put them to work.  When it is all over, I'm going to cook roast, mashed potatoes and carrots for the neighborhood.  They've earned it.

Joe Mike sold his airplane.  I hope he is done with flying.  He is over 75.  I doubt he will listen to any of us.  He and Becky flew the plane down to Sherman, Texas today--probably for a last hurrah before it is gone.  After 30 years of flying with him, I bet Becky could get her pilot's license on the back stroke with her eyes closed.

Sam and Tiffany are going to have another little girl by this time next week.  The 19th.  Yesterday was Sam's birthday.

My next door neighbor just brought me lunch and peanut butter cookies.  Just because.

I started attending a Bible study Thursday morning on Isaiah.  The preacher across the street was teaching it.  I learned things that I didn't even know I didn't know.  My Bible looks like an Oklahoma road map--because I've written all over it.  Margins, between the lines, top and bottom.  I added a dozen or so new notes.  My head was hurting by the time the hour was over.  It's always wonderful to hear someone talk about a subject they have researched and are totally familiar with--and can speak about with confidence.

Some of you have never used a road map.  You depend on Seri.  (So do I.  But I miss the old maps.  I always had a dozen or so in the car pocket--for when I took off across country.)

As you can tell, I didn't have much of anything to say today.  But it sure didn't keep me from trying.




No comments:

Post a Comment