Thursday, June 4, 2020

I forgot to post yesterday!!  Don't know why.

Today I got up at five and started moving furniture.  Got the sliders out and dug into it.  I have made a colossal mess.

I have way too many doo-dads.  And Becky keeps bringing me more every time she has an estate sale.  She knows the kind of stuff I don't need any more of. 

She brought me a printers block from the 1940-s or 50's with reverse Marine Corps emblems on it.  It came from a facility--probably at Camp Pendleton--where they made license plates for Marine tanks, trucks, etc.  I have no idea what she paid for it.

What am I going to do with that!!

I think everyone my age realizes that the things you have that you love, the next generation could care less about.  My solution is to give stuff away.  Any time someone admires something I have sitting around, I try to make sure they take it home with them.

I have one bedroom that now has nothing in the closet at all.

I used to have a garage sale when there was enough to make it worth the time, but no more.  I'm done with that.  Out, out, out is my new mantra.

Next thing is the paper work.  That is a huge problem for my generation.  We kept every piece of paper over our lifetime, because we don't trust the internet.  I've gotten better.  But not by much.  I need to light up a bonfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment