Thursday, June 18, 2020

I got my mail-in ballot to vote.  For which I am eternally grateful--I don't have to go wait in line to vote.  But I needed an ID to send it back.  Couldn't find my drivers license to make a copy, and on top of that I couldn't find my Visa card.

So I did the job that every woman dreads.  I dumped everything in my purse out on the floor.  Receipts, junk, lipstick, keys, gum, and a zillion strange things.  No drivers license.  No Visa.

I am one of those people who receives change or bills at a drive through--and throws it in my purse.  No order.  No arrangement.  No system.  I never know when I am out of money until the attendant asks for money and I can't find any dollar bills floating around in my purse.   No wonder I lose things.

But there among the clutter--as I was "carefully" rearranging it all back in my purse--was an envelope.  I opened it.  It was full of bills.  I had gotten a check in the mail and gone to the bank to cash it and they wanted ID.  It was such a small amount that I had forgotten all about the bank envelope.

In the envelope with the cash was my drivers license--ID.  As well as my Visa Card.  Why?  What reason was there for my Visa to be in the envelope?  I have no idea.  It had been weeks since I had gone to the bank to cash the check.

I hadn't been anywhere to use the Visa so I hadn't missed it.  Just the license.

I'm glad the police didn't pick me up for speeding without a driver's license.  Not that I was speeding...but it would have been embarrassing to dump my purse out on the car seat to look for the license with a policeman watching the disarray.  He could have booked me for littering.

No comments:

Post a Comment