Friday, June 12, 2020

Publisher called me today.  There is hope.  The senior editor has the book and is doing her thing.  I think there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I told her I have finished three more books since I signed a contract with her and at this rate I'll be 120 years old before they get published.

Too soon we grow old.  Too late we learn.

She said it won't take that long for the second book.  I said that my time clock is ticking.

I don't care about anything but getting the stories out there.  Maybe they will help somebody.

In the meantime, I'll keep writing.  I'm writing my brother's story about his life in China as a medical missionary.  I've finished 73 pages.  I can't do more than one page a day.  It takes over 200 to really have enough for a book.  

I think my permanent headache is from thinking.

I'm living on Brahms junior deluxe hamburgers and chicken sandwiches.  It would help if I liked milk.  I could eat Cheerios for breakfast.  But I don't like milk.  I buy a quart of it and use two or three tablespoons to scramble eggs before I throw the rest of it out.  If it wasn't for brown beans and cornbread, I would starve.

I did grill an Ahi tuna steak with toasted seseeme seeds this week.  That is one kind of meat I like.  Anything seafood makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment