Monday, August 31, 2020

My friend Jeanette said, "People don't care what you know until they know that you care."

There is a lot of fake "caring" going on.  All talk and no action.  It's easy to care when you don't have to do anything.  For me, I just don't know what I can do.

Truth is, "doing" is tough.  

My mailman is black.  I'm white.  Saturday, I met him at the mailbox and told him that I cared about the problems going on right now.  "But I don't know what I can do about any of it, other than say that it matters to me."

He said, "You matter, too."

I guess all I can do is interact more with the people I know.  Not much use for an 82 year old woman these days who rarely leaves the house.

Ken's car is sitting in my garage.  My granddaughter came over to install my State Farm 30% off safe driver thing-a-ma-jig, and asked me how many miles the car had on it.  She tried turning it on, but it was dead as a door-nail.  I haven't driven it since December.  It's a 1999.  Worthless in terms of selling it.

The other car, the one I drive, hasn't been filled up but twice since the first of January.  Where am I going to go?  Occasionally to Braum's to get a hamburger, fries and a coke.  To get my hair cut.  My neighbors and friends go to the grocery store and get what few I need. Friends bring me a plate of food.

Basically, I qualify for the Safe Driver discount because I don't drive!!


No comments:

Post a Comment