Friday, October 30, 2020

I've been reading the book of Luke.  Every now and then, I like to go back to the four Gospels and see what Jesus actually said.  The Old Testament of the Bible is all about what he is going to say--and the remaining New Testament is about what others had to say about Him.

The reason I am a believer is because of the testimony of the people who knew Him, wrote about Him, changed their lives as a result of what they saw and heard, and subsequently died to get the message out.

One person's account might be interesting.  Two people saying the same thing might perk your ears up.  Eleven people saying the same thing, dropping their day jobs forever and striking out on their own in different directions to tell people that Jesus died, was crucified, was buried and done with--but miraculously they had seen him alive a week later--that He was risen from the dead, well, that is convincing.  

I especially love a good doubter.  Give me the testimony of Thomas at the top of the list.  Ten disciples saw Jesus, told Thomas about it, and Thomas refused to believe them.  Jesus came to Thomas, held out his nail-scared hand and Thomas said, "My Lord, and my God."  And Jesus said, "You believe because you have seen me.  Blessed are those who believe without seeing me."  That's me.  That's you.  We are "Blessed..."



No comments:

Post a Comment