Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Every night when I go to bed I think of dozens of things to write about.  I just can’t remember what they are the next morning.  I should write them down, but I would lose the list.

I’ve been editing a book I am writing, so I called Joe Mike--Becky Bacon’s husband--to ask the difference between an F-40 and and F-9 and the two of them were in New Orleans eating oysters and shrimp.  They were taking a little vacation from hot Oklahoma.

I am jealous.  Living in Pensacola for a year, and eating fresh seafood, ruined me for imported seafood here.  I ordered tilapia last Sunday when I was out with the girls in my class and I couldn’t eat it.  Something about freezing and thawing leaves it “fishy.”  I usually like it.

The only kind of seafood that I haven’t been able to acquire a taste for is salmon.  Everyone likes it except me.  Naturally my favorites are halibut and lobster.  Expensive stuff.  But oysters, crab, calamari, etc.  I do love.  Oklahoma is not a good place to find seafood.  Crawdads are okay but too hard to peel. 

I think you can tell that today....I’ve run out of anything interesting to say.

I’ll try again tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment