Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Monday came and went without me.  I had so many things to do, I forgot to blog.  I hadn’t even got Sunday’s crossword done!  Still don’t.  I’m behind on everything.  The biggest culprit was the grocery store.  Every six weeks or so, I have to go walk the aisles and see it all myself.  My friend Jeanine across the street has my credit card and takes care of the day to day stuff.  She is one of God’s angels.

The problem is when I get home from the store.  When you are putting things in your basket, it doesn’t weigh much. And I always pay someone to load it in the car at the store.   But....OHHH....when you get  home, you have to get it all in the house.  Unsack, and put it all away.  That is really really hard for me anymore.  I was totally pooped.  I’m going to have to change my ways, plan ahead and have someone on this end to help me unload.  Rethinking what you do is how to grow old gracefully.

Of course there is another solution...don’t grow old.  But I’m not gonna’ go that route.  I’m going to adjust.  I’m just doing it little at a time.  It’s amazing how few thing really have to be done!!.  Dusting...out the window.  Mopping, wet a rag and do it with your foot.  I could write a book on “What really doesn’t need to be done.”  One thing I’ve changed...I don’t run to any store until I have to have three or four things I need at numerous places.  Fewer trips.  And...drive through is my new awesome.  Walgreens does my shopping for me through the window, then comes to the car and loads it.  The pandemic woke stores up to the needs of older consumers.  Yoo-hoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment