Wednesday, June 17, 2015

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

You know those little screw on thing-a-ma-jigs that go on the top of the lamp to hold the shade on?  Well, I just threw them all in a single bag to put back on later, when I got moved.  Today is the day I am trying to straighten out all the lamps and the shades and the thing-a-ma-jugs.  I can't believe there are so many. And the harps, (the thing that goes around the bulb and rises up to hold up the shade) well, they come in a million sizes.

What goes with what!!!  What a mess.  I have 21 lamps.  Why in the world does one woman need 21 lamps?  I will never get it all straightened out.  All due to poor planing.  If I had had any sense at all, I would have put the correct harp and thing-a-ma-jig together with the lamp it was supposed to go with when I was packing the lamps in boxes.  I am muddling through-but I am irritated at myself.  I am usually more organized than this.

1 John 5: 4  "For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith."

I am going to have a victory.  I am going to figure out which part of which lamp goes with which shade.  I have faith.  I will overcome this obstacle.

I couldn't have made this move without the assurance that it was God's will for me.  I'm too old for such foolishness.  That is, trying to pack and move by myself.  It has been horrible.  But at every point that I have faced a problem, I have been able to sit back and say to myself, "This, too, shall pass.  With God's help, I can do this."

Aren't you glad that God is on your side.


No comments:

Post a Comment