Wednesday, June 3, 2015

I unloaded half of my car today.  It looked like Steinbeck's "Grapes of Wrath."  I still have to go back and do the garage.  I will never use brake fluid, steering power fluid, engine oil, motor oil, and several thousand other things that Ken left.  I'll just call someone to come and get it all.

And tools.  Saws, hammers, nails, screws, tire pump, battery charger, etc...I will never use any of that.  I am captive to paying for service on the cars and house from now on.  I will keep a hammer and screw driver.  I can use those.  And all the garden stuff.

As a single person, you have horrible expenses.  And taxes.  My friends who have lost their husbands tried to warn me about the hike there would be in taxes.  Seems stupid.  Your income drops, and your taxes go up.  Why?  I don't get it.  And every time something breaks, you have to call someone.

Oh well, God is in control of it all.  "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's."  It will all come out in the wash.  I have to find a new church to render to.

My grandson Steven drove to Pryor from Dallas, helped me do a load of stuff.  We loaded his car, and my car, and then he drove to Edmond and unloaded both of them.  Grandsons are wonderful things.  My son-in-law Craig has been the greatest blessing.  He has installed lights, lined up contractors and supervised their work, and a million other things.

My wonderful realtor, Jeff, called today to see how I was doing.  Aren't people a blessing.  We are social creatures.  Made in God's image so he must be a social God.  I'm sure he would love to hear your voice.  Why don't you say, "Hello, God" today.  "I've been thinking about you, and just wanted to say thank you."  I work at remembering to say hello.


No comments:

Post a Comment