Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Squig is my best friend right now.  He doesn't know where we are, but he knows that if I am there, then everything will be okay.  He sticks to me like glue.  And when I have to leave him here alone, he whimpers like a baby when I return.  Almost as if to say, "I thought you had left me for good."

Paul was talking about Jesus when he said:  Hebrews 13: "...be content with such things as you have: for He has said, I will never leave you, nor forsake you."  Jesus had left his bodily form and returned to heaven, and his followers were feeling all alone.  Paul reminded them that Jesus would always be with them in the Holy Spirit.  He will not forsake us.  We have to learn to be content with what we have been given.

I want things to be like I want them.  I would much prefer to have Jesus in the flesh than in the Spirit. But I want him with me one way or another, and the Spirit is what He has given me.  I just like to be able to see things.  And to touch them.  I am probably like Thomas.

John 20:29 "Jesus said to Thomas, because you have seen me, you have believed:  blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

Peter said: 1 Peter 1:8 "Whom having not seen, you love; in whom, though you see him not, yet believing, you rejoice with unspeakable joy..."

We who have not touched or seen Christ receive a special blessing.  We have only heard of him--and yet, we believe.  Our faith is strong.  The Bible is our source of comfort and assurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment