Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Well, I didn't make it and write on Monday.  But I'm back.  Nightmare city.  My advice:  Don't ever move.  I still don't have WiFi, or a TV, or my Apple Cord.  Who knows where anything is.  My IPad is gone.  And none of the lamps have shades.  But.....All is well.  I am opening one box at a time.  The kitchen is functional.  And last night I found my special pillow, and slept in my new home and there were sheets on the bed.  Praise God.

I stayed all night with my brother while things were crazy last week, and he told me a story about our dad that I had never heard.  Dad always wore a suit and tie to church.  Always.  And when he went visiting the sick, or lost, he put on his suit and tie.  There came a day when he could no longer go to church.  So he would watch a sermon on the TV.  But before the program started, he would go put on his suit and tie.  When the program was over, he would go change back into his regular clothes.  I guess he felt he wasn't ready to worship without the proper attire.

I am a very orderly person.  I keep a clean house.  Very clean.  But when they moved the buffet, the chest of drawers and the other big pieces that hadn't been moved in eleven years, I was horrified.

I wonder if our lives are like that.  Clean on the outside and dirty underneath.  I hope not.  I like to keep short accounts with God.




No comments:

Post a Comment