Thursday, June 18, 2015

I am going to like it here.  Tom and Pat came over Monday and hung pictures for me.  I went to lunch with Becky on Tuesday and then down to my favorite antique shop in the world--Edmond Antiques.  Then went to lunch with my cousin Ann, who also picked me up today to go to an estate sale.

That is more activity than I had in a month in Pryor.  But in all fairness, I am sedentary by nature.  My cousin Ann and I grew up together in Pryor, and lived a block apart.  She is more like a sister than a cousin because I didn't have a sister growing up.  She lives just down from me here in Edmond.

There is nothing like family.  You can call them at the last minute and if they want to go, fine.  If they don't, that's fine too.  And Ann and I have so much history together.  Our mothers were sisters and both mothers drove us crazy pushing us to perfection.  Where one of them left off the other one took over.  It was like having two mothers.

1 John 3: 1-2  Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us that we should be called the sons of God: (or daughters of the Wilson girls)...now we are the sons of God and it does not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."

You become like the thing that nurtures you.   Ann and I are a lot alike because we were molded by the our mothers.  We become like the son of God as He nurtures us.  God has a plan for your life and is actively working to turn you into a worthy heir to his kingdom.

Isn't that neat.  We are the children of God!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment