Thursday, June 25, 2015

I got six pots of lilies in the ground and six shrubs as well.  Tomorrow I will try and do the same.  It has been cool and rainy here in Oklahoma for the last two months--which is unusual.  I don't remember ever having a rainy season like this one before.  But today, as I was trying to do some gardening, it was a scorcher outside.  I really don't like to sweat, and I had sweat running down my forehead into my eyes.

 It is the curse of Adam.  Genesis 3:19 "In the sweat of your face shall you eat bread until you return unto the ground..."  It seems to be a necessity if you do real work.

I can't help but recall that Jesus sweat drops of blood as he was dying for us.  Luke 22:44  "And being in an agony, he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground."

I really don't like hard work.  It's not that I am lazy, I would just rather be inside where it is air conditioned.  So my "work method" is to work real hard for ten or fifteen minutes and then come in and cool off.  Then go back at it.  I did this all day long.

Hezekiah (the prophet) received recognition for his work in the record of Chronicles.  2 Chronicals 31:21 "And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, and in the law, and in the commandments, to seek his God, he did it with all his heart, and prospered."

Ecclesiastes 9: 10  "Whatsoever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might...."

It really doesn't have to be hard work.  We just need to make it a practice to do what we do well.


No comments:

Post a Comment