Tuesday, June 23, 2015

We have built our entire system of keeping track of the years around the birth of Christ.  Everything dates either before, (BC) or after, (AD) his birth.  It was such an important historical event that the whole world uses the system.  But it was only after his resurrection that the importance of his life was recognized.  He conquered death.  I can't think of any historical event more important than that.

The entire world knows his name.  Some people can't even tell you who the last three president were. But they know something about Jesus.  But knowing about him is simply informational.  Knowing him is personal.  There is a big difference.  You can know all the facts concerning Jesus' life and not know him at all.  Kind of like I know many of the facts about George Washington's life, but I don't know him at all.

There comes a point after you have the facts (concerning Jesus) that you must make a decision.  Will you give him your life.  Will you allow him to control your behavior.  Will you love him.  Will you give up your identity and accept his.  What are you going to do with the information you have?

In Galations 2:20, Paul said:  "I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."  Once you give up and give him your life, Christ comes to live within you.  That's personal.  C.S. Lewis said, "God bids a man to come and die."

Paul also said: 1 Corinthians 3:16 "Don't you know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?"  And in 6:19-20a "What? Don't you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own?  For you are bought with a price..."  We have been purchased.  The price was blood.  The blood of Christ.

Let Him come in.  It is pretty wonderful.  It will change your life.  It will change your life forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment