Thursday, November 22, 2018

God bless you on this Thanksgiving day, year of our Lord 2018.

The weather is beautiful.  I am in good health.  I will be with my family today, over thirty of them.  I think five of my great-grandchildren will be there.  Six of my ten grandchildren and their spouses.  Three of my children and their spouses.  My brother Bill and Janet.  My sister Lisa and Mark.  My cousin Ann, Dave and their son Will.  And me.  I think that is thirty-one.  And if my other grandson and wife and baby make it, thirty-four.

We usually have more, but are thankful for those who are going to be together.  People bring friends, and sometimes Becky has those who have no family.

Last year, we ran out of gravy.  That isn't going to happen again this year.  I made enough for a standing army.  I had to boil six more eggs, which I watched like a hawk, and set a timer on to boot.  I am never, ever again going to let the eggs boil dry and explode.


I pray that all of you out there have a blessed day with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment