Friday, July 26, 2019

I've been reading the Psalms every night when I go to bed.  In them, David is either begging for mercy, asking God to bring disaster on his enemies and kill them, begging God to listen to him, or praising God for his loving kindness.

Sounds like us.  We need to Praise God, Thank Him, Tell others about Him.  And do less moaning and groaning.

He says, "Bless the Lord, Oh, my soul,
And all that is within me; 
Bless his Holy Name.

Oh Give thanks unto the Lord,
For His Mercy endures for ever.

Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, 
Whom he has redeemed
From the hand of the enemy.

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
Serve the Lord with gladness:
Come before his presence with singing.  And................

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving
And into his courts with praise:
Be thankful unto him and Bless His name.

Sometimes our prayers get in a rut of asking Him to do stuff; give us stuff.  I use the self-help word ACTS.  A=adore; C=confess; T=thanks, and at the end, S=supplication (asking).  Adore comes first.  Not asking.  I tend to get that backwards from time to time and have to regroup.  


No comments:

Post a Comment