Monday, July 22, 2019

The twenty-third Psalm is personal.  It isn't a "To Whom It May Concern" passage.  Last week when I was teaching my Sunday class, I pointed out that the words, "I, my, me, and mine" are used sixteen times.

It doesn't say, "You, your, their or our."  

"The Lord is My Shepard; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures:
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul: 
He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me,
Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou prepares a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
Thou anointest my head with oil,
My cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Sixteen times.

It's a comfort to know that some parts of the Bible were written for you and me to read as a personal reassurance for our lives.

He is mine.  I am His.  He loves me.  I love Him, too.

I keep a Bible next to my bed to read when I lie down at night.
Another Bible is next to my chair.  I like to check on what He has to say to me

No comments:

Post a Comment