Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Home from the hospital.  Veins in the neck were very narrow.  Had to be ballooned.  But it is fixed for now...doctor said it would probably have to be done again--which is fine.  I can do that.  Just thankful somebody figured out what to do.  And it was something that could be fixed.

Worst part was I couldn't eat before hand.  Not eating is traumatic.  I live to eat.  And eat.  And eat.  Luckily, I don't gain weight very easily.

Joe Bacon, Becky's hubby, (who is my Pryor RN friend) is helping me research airplanes for the book I'm writing.  He has come up with a lot of relevant stuff.

Scott, (son) also found something I had spent weeks looking for and couldn't find anything.  

Ken had told me that his best friend, Pete Olsen had been killed while he was with the Blue Angels.  Everyone called Pete and Ken "The Gold-dust Twins."  I had searched the official Blue's site and couldn't find anything about it.  Turns out the only deaths the Blues recorded were the ones that occurred in shows.

Scott finally found it through old newspapers.  And validated the exact story Ken had told me.  Once again, I should have written the story down back then--but didn't.  

No way I could know back then that someday, I would want to write a book about my husband's life.  We were young--I wasn't thinking about such stuff.  Certainly not about Ken no longer being here with me.

I have a million questions now.  Joe and Scott are helping.  If anyone out there has something to add, mail it to me!  Joe had stories that Ken had told him that I had forgotten about.




No comments:

Post a Comment