Friday, August 30, 2019

It is pouring down rain.  A frog strangler.  Ann and I went to breakfast and when we got through, it was raining so hard you couldn't see to drive and the streets were flooded.

I don't think this place I live in is Oklahoma anymore.  It feels like a strange country.  Kinda like a rain-forest.  I've never seen this much rain here.

I am having a Battle Royal with the Oklahoman newspaper.  They don't deliver my paper half the time. I call them, but it does no good.  They tell me they can't find carriers.  I say, "I'm sorry for your troubles, but I just want my paper."

They sound like their excuse for the problem is something that I will try and understand.  I want the paper.  That's it.  When they miss a day, I can't check the crossword puzzle and see if I missed anything.

I told them that I cared nothing at all about their news, I get that on TV every night.  All I want is the Sudoku, the Cryptogram and the Crossword.  My daily "fix." 

I think you could make some money opening a company that sent you a daily puzzle sheet.  Yes, I know, you can buy all of those puzzles at the book store.  I don't want them that way.  It's too many.  And most older people take the newspaper for the same reason.  There's a market out there.

I like the anticipation of getting my puzzles each day.  When I buy a book of puzzles, it's no longer a treat.  It's a glut.

Something in the mail every day.  Those of us over seventy don't have that much to do and it's exciting to go to the mailbox and get something besides junk mail.  Or go down the driveway and get the paper.




No comments:

Post a Comment