Friday, December 18, 2020

I have finally given up on keeping my Lincoln, 1999 Town car.  Craig has taken it to a detailer--which it doesn't need.  Nobody has ever sat in the back seat.  Inside is pristine.  Only thing wrong with it is that the garage door came down on the back bumper and scratched it.

We bought it when an elderly couple--who bought it new--traded for a new one.  Ken had a 99,  with a lot of miles.  I called the Lincoln dealer and asked him to find me another 99 exactly like the one we had with low miles.  He did.  Ken loved that car.  

He was 84 years old at the time and I didn't want him to have to mess with learning new buttons and switches.  He was having a hard enough time dealing with being sick.  I drove him to Tulsa and we bought it.

It has been sitting in the garage ever since.  I drive it occasionally, but not enough to justify the space in the garage.  

I'm starting to feel that way with a lot of things I have.  They just take up space.  Pretty, but useless.

Becky always had the right idea.  Spend your money on experiences, not things.  Those are the things your kids remember.



No comments:

Post a Comment