Friday, December 4, 2020

What happened to this year.  I've never seen a year go by so fast.  I've never seen a year go by so slow.  But then, I've never seen a year like this one before. 

I received a note from a friend I've been praying for who has fought cancer for nine years.  It was a goodby letter to all of her friends.  She said the fight was over and she was getting ready to leave us and go to God.  It was uplifting and heartbreaking all at once.  We never want our loved ones to leave us.

I was reminded of another friend, Linda Pace from my hometown of Pryor.  She asked to speak to the entire church, came to the front in a wheel chair with a big floppy hat on, took it off--and told us that she was just changing her hat for a heavenly crown.  Everyone was in tears when she finished talking.

There have been so many people who have left us this year.  So many families are going to be missing a loved one this Christmas.  But....this life is short compared to the next one.  We just need to make sure we are part of that heavenly family before we leave this one.  Because that is forever.

Jesus is the reason for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment