Thursday, December 31, 2020

I've never been funny.  I can't tell a joke and make it come out right.  However, I read something the other day that I thought was humerous, so I think it's worth a laugh--so I'll give it a try.

This man was researching methods of reaching and talking to God, so he decided  to travel the country and ask pastors at different churches and denominations about that.

First church he went to had a solid gold telephone hanging on the wall with a sign underneath: Price, $100,000.  Direct line to God.

He traveled the country, and at every church, there was a solid gold phone with the same sign.

When he reached Oklahoma, he entered a local church where the gold phone on the wall said: 25 cents for a direct line to call God.

He asked the pastor, "Why do all the other churches in the nation charge $100,000 to call God and you only charge 25 cents?

Well, son...Oklahoma is God's  country.  It's a local call.

I'm sure my fellow Oklahomans will agree with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment