Thursday, November 4, 2021

 All my potted plants are inside for the winter.  April is coming.  I will try to plant okra again.  Planted it two times this year and rabbits ate all of it both times.  I’m thinking about putting clear glass canning jars over each plant and giving that a try next year.

Today is my friend Jeanette’s birthday.  I’m going to take her to lunch.  She usually drives and says, “I’m driving Miss Daisy.”

Teacher’s meeting last night was (once again) a hoot.  I always go with my questions ready because everyone who is there is a pretty good student of scripture.  Problem is, I ask questions and everyone looks at me like I’m nuts.  I’m the only woman in the room, and I guess I have different questions than men do.  And that’s when the fun begins.  I seldom get an answer to my questions.  

Very little of what is discussed in Wednesdays teacher’s meeting makes it into the lesson on Sunday. Background information for the most part.  The men always want to discuss where Abraham is during the conversion of the week.  They bring maps.  I don’t ever use a map. I just want to know what Abraham is thinking.  God speaks to him.  I want to know how.  The Bible doesn’t say how God spoke except once--in a vision.  They wanted to determine the moment when Abraham was “Saved.”  I felt like when he listened to God and packed up to go to Canaan was an important moment.  He didn’t know where he was going, but he trusted God. None of them agreed.  Interesting conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment