Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Jeanette and I are back to color marking our Bibles.  It is one of the most interesting things I have ever done with Bible study.  Just coloring the word “Kingdom” in the book of Matthew has been an awesome eye opener. 

Jesus told his disciples to preach “The Kingdom of God.”  Or the “Gospel” of the kingdom of God.

Try underlining--or better--coloring the word “Kingdom” in the book of Matthew.  You probably won't be able to stop there and will do the entire New Testament.  

It has given me an entirely new way of looking at the words of Jesus.

Carolyn Brown says someone has put a bunch of new passages in her Bible that were never there before.  I have to agree.  If you have read God’s word over the years,  you will always find things you never saw before.

Maybe it is our maturity...it changes our needs.  And our way of viewing the world.  It changes what we notice.  Different things become important.  My friend in St. Louis area, Gale Dollar--who shares my birthday--talked to me on the phone this week and agrees.  The Bible is always fresh.  We are always learning something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment