Tuesday, May 17, 2022

They hooked him up to fluids and kept him at the vet all day.  He had gone from 12 pounds to 10.  He lay in my arms limp, and he never moved when I gave him to the vet.  He had nothing left to give.

But after a day of fluids, he was a little better.  The vet said she was hopeful.  He hasn’t thrown up.  She put him on a different food.  And she will call on Wednesday to see how things are going.

Good grief!!  I can’t believe how this dog has changed my life. 

The doctor gave me shots in my hips and I can walk again.  Miracle!  I was so excited, that I cleaned part of the refrigerator.  Which I hadn’t done in four years.  I had swiped at it from time to time,  but never really done a good job.   The refrigerator door opens against a wall and you can’t get the drawers to slide out.  So you can’t get under and behind them.  

Today, I am going to do the rest of it.  Take out the shelves, tip and turn the drawers sideways if I can--and go for it.   The only other way is to pull the fridge out from the wall--which I can’t do.  I can’t tell you how much it means to be able to function again.  I won’t let the hip thing get away from me again.  I just couldn’t tell one pain--bursitis--from the other in my back.  Ken always said, “Pain is just weakness leaving the body.”  Marines are tough.  I say, “Pain is debilitating.”  It can sometimes shut you down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment