Tuesday, May 31, 2022

ga

 I have been color coding my New Testament.  Using a Bible that I picked up at a garage sale.  It is very light weight because it doesn’t have any fol-de-rol stuff in the back, and the pages are onion skin.  Thin but really tough.  I have become addicted to onion skin paper.

There is some woman’s name printed on the cover.  She is long gone to glory, but  I am enjoying her Bible. 

Faith is purple.  Kingdom is yellow.  Holy Spirit is turquoise.  Priest and High Priest are orange. Angel is a pink halo circle.  Green is something you have memorized.

It has made opening the Bible an adventure.  Jeanette has kept me going.  She is doing it with me.  It has been interesting to note how much we over look when we read.  Now those topics jump off the page.

We started this in the book of Hebrews--where there were four topical themes.  Now I won’t ever forget that.  And in John’s books and letters, the word “write” is the main theme.  He wanted everyone to know he was writing everything down because the Christians were dying, being killed and leaving the area.  John was wanting to be sure everyone knew about Jesus after John was gone.  He left a record.  “This is the record, that God has given us eternal life and this life is in his Son...”

No comments:

Post a Comment