Tuesday, May 3, 2022

I am getting worse and worse about what I am supposed to be doing.  Ann called me last night and asked if I was going to post.  I forgot.  I got busy watching the weather--which looked ominous.  And editing something else I had written--and the day slipped away.

I was editing something I had written about the first book of Genesis being the story of God’s restoration of earth--after the dinosaurs were killed, after the sun was blocked by smoke from sulfur fires--when an asteroid hit the Gulf of Mexico in the Yucatan sixty-six million years ago.  Plants died from lack of sunlight and the entire food chain collapsed.  Nothing much on land survived.  The Bible says the earth was dark, void, and without form.  I guess an asteroid that was six miles wide would do that.  

I got interested in all of that and got side-tracked.  I find that getting side tracked happens to me more and more these days.  Sally had asked me to send the Genesis thing to her. She wants to give it to her grandson who is a senior in college.  I’ll give it to anyone who wants it.  Just give me an E-mail address and I will PDF it.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment