Friday, March 3, 2023

My method of telling myself (when I go to bed) that I am going to do three things the next day is working like a charm.  Sunday, I decided that I would "start" hemming a pair of pants I've needed to do for three or four years.

The steps involved getting the scissors, needles, thread, pins, measuring tape, etc. together in one place--ready to do the job.  The next day, I ripped out the factory hemming thread--a huge job. Then I turned the hem up, tried the pants on and cut off the excess--twice.  All of those things, one step at a time took three days. And finally yesterday I got one leg hemmed, this morning I finished the job and am going to put them on and get dressed. Then, I'm going to put all of the pins, needles etc. back where they go.  Ta-da!!

I've found that when I divide a job into pieces, I'm always reaching my goal for the day.  If I try to do it all in one whack, I get overwhelmed.  As I have aged, I've slowed down.  I can't do 50 things a day like I used to.  Or do ten things at the same time while I'm raising four kids.  I like this time of life in many ways.  It's peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment