Thursday, March 16, 2023

This week it is all about food.  My neighbor Jeanine shops for my groceries.  God put her here for me because He knew there would come a day when I truly needed someone with a gift for caring about others.  She takes care of everyone she knows--sometimes to her detriment.

She calls, asks what I need from the grocery store, and brings it to me.  I gave her a personal credit card that she carries everywhere to make my purchases.  It is such a blessing.

Then there is Jeanette, she calls and asks what she can cook for me.  Is there anything I am hungry for?  Sweet and sour chicken is my favorite.  She makes enough for me to freeze.

And Norma, a nurse in my Bible class, who insists I call her when I have a medical need...she came and took care of me every day, the week I was so-so-so sick.  She drove me to eat lobster on Monday.  Friends.  What would we do without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment